Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A turtle gets a thrill

I recently received an e mail inviting me to exhibit this work, I Dreamed I Lived on a Sea Turtles Back, at the International quilt festival of Ireland for a special exhibit 'Under the sea'. To say I am surprised is an understatement. This is an honor of course.

But, I am not sending the work off. I have gone back and forth over this for weeks. The pros and cons. If I were actively trying to sell my works I know I would want to have them exhibited. Brings up the prestige and cost etc.

I am just thrilled to have been asked. For now that is enough!

6 comments:

Penny said...

I LOVE this!! I evokes all sorts of thoughts - like how it would feel to ride across the waves on a giant turtle. I can see why you would not want it to go out into the world on its own.

Penny said...

This is so lovely. I can imagine myself riding a giant turtle over the waves. I can see why you wouldn't want to let it go!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!Just knowing your work is so recognized is an honor! This is an extremely beautiful and delicate piece...one of my favorites of what I have seen on your blog!

Karen Christensen said...

Thank you Penny and Karen, it is the one I get the most emails about!

Carol said...

Exquisite!..and an honor to be asked!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I love your work.